Security News #0x7B
- Revrsh3ll has begun bringing Powershell tools into Armitage and Cobalt Strike by creating a tool named POSH-Commander.
- Packetstorm reports on a file upload vulnerability in WordPress Gmedia Gallery 1.2.1.
- Windows has long been vulnerable to pass the hash attacks. harmj0y discussew the latest Microsoft patches, how they work to protect against pass the hash, and how they fail.
- Did you know that it is possible to dump memory from a live Windows system? Imagine how useful this can be, either for an attacker or a defender.
- Registration for the Maryland Cyber Challenge is now open. The finals are set for October 29 and 30 in the Baltimore Convention Center.
- EMET 5.0 has been released.
- The folks who develop the FinFisher spyware were hacked. An explanation of how the attack took occurred has been uploaded to pastebin.
- Hacking cars?. Check!