Security News #0x7A
- Did you know know that, with root access, an attacker can pull SSH agent keys from memory? Take a look at the NetSPI blog for more details.
- Vitaly Nikolenko has a privilege escalation exploit PoC for Ubuntu 12.04 over on exploit-db. The underlying vulnerability is CVE 2014-4699.
- Metasploit has a new module for privilege escalation on Windows XP. Since Windows XP is now no longer supported, I sure hope folks have moved to something else. The underlying exploit is CVE 2014-4971.
- If you want to learn more about Windows privilege escalation attacks, take a look at the tutorial available at Fuzzy Security. It is will worth your time!
- Kali 1.08 has been released.