Security News #0x56
- The folks at TrustWave have a nice piece on how to fingerptint Ubuntu SSH Servers from their banner strings.
- Here is a nice analysis of a backdoor that appears in Tends W302R routers.
- Who would not want a one line python Meterpreter shell?
- NakedSecurity has some technical information on CVE 2013-3893. We mentioned this vulnerability (which was patched by MS13-080) last time; there even is a Metasploit module for it.
- It looks like the attack on Rapid7 was not the result of a fax. You can find some details at Threatpost.
- The folks at SFGate discuss how accelerometers in phones could be used as tracking devices.