Security News #0x25
- Metasploit released a zero-day module to attack Novell ZenWorks Asset Management 7.5.
- What do you do if you have a python script and need to run it on a target that does not have python installed? Py2exe!
- The CSAW CTF now has a page of writeups for the solutions for many of the challenges.
- The Steam gaming platform can now be exploited via URLs of the form steam://
- Don’t forget to update to the latest version of Java– Assuming you are still running it!
- IE 9 filters URLs to avoid some kinds of XSS attacks. Unfortunately, the filter is subject to a bypass attack.
- I still haven’t found a new attack on television sets. Still- what about solar panels?