Security News #0x1B: The Vacation Edition
A bit light this week, as I have been traveling, vacationing, and visiting family…
I get back to the office tomorrow, which is the day that Backtrack 5 R3 is released. Coincidence?
- Unallocated space is running a workshop on Armitage and Cobalt Strike.
- The latest piece of malware with apparent ties to nation-states is Gauss.
- Blizzard joins the list of companies to get their password hashes hacked.
- Metasploit now has a module for MS10-092, one of the 0-days exploited by Stuxnet. It allows privilege escalation to a SYSTEM account.
- While I am thinking about Metasploit, here is the latest top-10 list of searched metasploit modules.