- Last week we discussed the CVE 2012-0507 Java flaw. Fans of Java exploits should also know about the Java Rhino exploit, CVE 2011-3544 that can be used up to Java 6 Update 27.
- DEFT 7.1 has been released. DEFT is a Linux distribution aimed at forensics.
- The folks at the Penetration Testing Lab have a nice piece on how to use some of nmap’s more advanced features to try to evade firewalls.
- A number of your are considering using hydra as your brute force password tester for our next exercise. Have you considered Medusa? Version 2.1 was just released.
- We talked in class about how to set up ModSecurity on our CentOS machines. Well Zabomber has a post describing how to do so on Ubuntu 11.10.
- Can Metasploit attack a Samba server? Yes!
- Did you know your television may be vulnerable to attack?