- Earlier this week, GitHub was hacked by Egor Homakov. Do you want to find out how it was done?
- NSA is looking for interns! This is a 16-week program open to sophomores and juniors concentrating in the disciplines of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, Network Engineering or Telecommunications. Applications are due by March 15, so don’t dally.
- Have you patched your flash player lately? The flaw is exploitable; it even has a demo!
- We know passwords are weak. Are passphrases better? Take a look at the work of Joseph Bonneau for his take.
- Snort is looking to re-organize their scheme for categorizing rules.
- In Week 1, we talked a bit about nmap. Did you know that nmap comes with a family of useful scripts to discover even more about your target?