- Backtrack 5 R2 has been released.
- Did you know that there is a command line tool in Windows that will let you
- Enumerate users
- List all of the process running
- Kill a running process
- List the programs that run at startup
- Configure your network interface
The tool is called
wmicand the folks at ISC have a nice (old) article about it.
- How do you respond when an attacker gains access to your web site? Adrian from IronGeek provides some lessons on how to recover from such an attack. He even wrote a simple bash script to look for changes in MD5 hashes.
- Still learning
bash, the canonical Linux command line tool? Take a look at this new tutorial on how to use some of the aliasing
bashoffers, and how to use it to stop out of control programs in their tracks.
- Someone in class asked how to attack domain accounts from a locally compromised domain member. Mark Pilkington has an excellent blog post, called Protecting Privileged Domain Accounts: Safeguarding Password Hashes that provides the answer!